im orianne and im not actually a meth addict.
taylor swift is like that aunt that tries to be “hip” with the young’ns and “with the times” and then asks you what does bae stand for and after you tell her she starts calling everything bae even the lamp next to the couch
HEY YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE LAMP NEXT TO MY COUCH AND I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT IT IS, IN FACT, VERY MUCH BAE.
- calling the legitimate anger of oppressed people “drama” or “hate”
- referring to allocation of human rights as simply “politics”
- referring to basic human empathy as “political correctness”
- the childlike refusal to admit mistakes and throwing a literal tantrum
- "it’s just my opinion"
Develop, develop, develop.
Birds of a feather flock together, so similar people in a group is hardly unexpected. That said, everyone is different in their own little (or not so little) ways.
- Quirks. Who eats their pizza backwards? Does one of them live in shorts, even in winter? Maybe someone really likes classical literature or funky music. What little things can set them apart?
- Speech. Not necessarily an accent, but a speech pattern or verbal tic. I think back on my middle school years and remember a friend who would sarcastically call us all “smart one” (“I already know that, smart one”). No one else ever picked it up, because it was so much her thing that to use it felt like intruding.
- Traits, physical and otherwise. Does someone wear glasses for bad vision? Does one melt into a gooey pile of mush after a tearjerking movie? Maybe one is overly fond of tanning or working out, and talks about it constantly.
- Worldview and personality type. An optimist and a pessimist can be very similar people who see the world very differently. Similarly, an introvert and an extrovert can have similar traits and still react differently to crowds and strangers. Two peas of a pod, no matter how similar, can place different values and hold different opinions on things like first impressions, mercy vs. justice, self-image, and any number of other personal issues.
Everyone is different, no matter how similar they are. These are only a few ways for them to differ. Check the tags for character development, character creation, quizzes, traits, habits, motivation, and morality for some more tips and ways to craft unique characters.